ANCILLARY EVENTS The INI Secretariat and Chairs have recognized that the INI Symposium attendees and companies seek to maximize their networking opportunities and fulfill their professional responsibilities while at a location with so many of their colleagues. To accomplish these goals INI Symposium will make every effort to make available their time and space in INI Symposium ‑controlled meeting facilities (convention center or headquarter hotels) for ancillary events which do not compete or conflict substantially with the official scientific program.
• Ancillary Events may not be commercial or educational in nature, i.e., they may not include a scientific program with presentations, posters, or lectures, nor include marketing demonstrations or commercial presentations.
• Ancillary Events with more than 25 attendees may not be scheduled in conflict with the official scientific program of the INI Symposium.
DEFINITION OF ANCILLARY EVENTS Ancillary Events are non-INI Symposium-sponsored special group events, such as business meetings of other organizations or social gatherings, held in conjunction with the INI Symposium. Ancillary events are not planned or sponsored by the INI Symposium.
Ancillary Events may not be commercial or educational in nature, i.e., they may not include a scientific program with presentations, posters, or lectures, nor include marketing demonstrations or commercial presentations.
• Business Meetings: Meetings of non-commercial editorial boards, non-profit organization boards, or other non-INI Symposium committees/working groups, study groups, etc.
• Exhibitor Internal Meetings: Meetings for INI Symposium exhibitor’s corporate personnel: INI Symposium exhibitor hospitality suites.
• Investigator Meetings: Meetings for investigators of ongoing research (may be sponsored only by an INI Symposium exhibitor)
• Social Events: Receptions, dinners, alumni events, reunions, and specialty groups where there is no educational/scientific program presented.
Requests for Ancillary Events must be made on official forms and approved by the INI Symposium, regardless of the INI Symposium Ancillary Events Policy the location of the event.
Ancillary events should be planned and scheduled in support of the INI Symposium.
Commercial organizers of ancillary events must be supporters of the INI Symposium at the value of not less than the cost of an inside 2 x 3m2 booth. Commercial ancillary event organizers who are not exhibitors will incur additional service charges for multiple events.
Fees for participation by Symposium attendees outside of the recovery of food and beverage costs, such as registration fees, must be approved by the INI Symposium. All costs for the activity, including decorator, audio-visual setup, and room changes, must be borne by the organizers. All event expenses must be paid promptly and non-payment may result in action by the INI Symposium.
The use of the INI Symposium logo, trademark, or name in conjunction with publicity must be pre-approved. The INI Symposium may not be represented as cosponsoring an event unless a formal request has been submitted to and approved by the INI Symposium. Conducting demonstrations and/or displays of commercial products will not be permitted during ancillary events. Only ancillary events open to all Symposium registrants will be listed in the Symposium related publications. Signs, directional or informational, must be approved by, and coordinated with, the INI Symposium management when placed in the INI Symposium-controlled Symposium facilities. Each sign must state that “This event is not organized or sponsored by the INI Symposium.” Organizers must remove any meeting-related materials from their assigned rooms at the conclusion of the event.
All participants in ancillary events must register for the Symposium unless requests for passes for nonscientific participants are received in writing at the time the ancillary event is approved.
BREACH OF POLICY Organizers must adhere to the responsibilities outlined in the policy and on the official forms to avoid cancellation of the activity. Failure to adhere to the policy may result in any or all of the following actions by the INI Symposium:
• Cancellation of an ancillary event
• Refusal to allow company or group the opportunity to exhibit or hold symposia, meetings, or other events in the INI
Symposium-controlled meeting facilities in current year or a specified number of future years.